Our entire culture suffers from what the shamans call “soul loss,” a loss of meaning, direction, vitality, mission, purpose, identity, and genuine connection; a deep unhappiness that most of us have come to consider as simply ordinary. The soul is our source of absolute uniqueness, a place within that connects you not only to your own value and essence, but to the value and essence of every other living being. What makes soul loss so subtle and dangerous is that very few people have realized that it has happened. Most of us do not know that we have disconnected from our soul and have come to accept as normal a numbness and lack of meaning in our lives.
Because we all belong to this culture, we all suffer from soul loss. Soul loss is epidemic and blinds us from seeing the potential for joy and wholeness in ordinary life. When you heal from soul loss, you see familiar things in new ways so you can increase your joy in what you already have.
Not sure if you’re suffering from soul loss?
Here are 20 diagnostic signs that signal soul loss:
- You feel like you’re not as good as other people.
- You yearn to be of service, but you have no idea what you have to contribute and why it matters.
- You find yourself striving in vain for an impossible-to-achieve standard of perfection.
- Your fears keep you from living large.
- You’re frequently worried that you’re not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, young enough, [fill in the blank] enough. Read More→