Recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down for a whole hour with my dear friend and fellow author/blogger Jonathan Fields to film an episode for his Good Life Project TV series. You’ll want to watch this video all the way through to make sure you don’t miss:
- The one thing that will signal when it’s time to take that leap of faith you’ve been considering
- How to navigate taking risks when other people are counting on you to maintain the status quo
- The story of how I was called to medicine at the age of 7 – and how you can tell if you’re in touch with your own calling
- How medicine got so off track so quickly – and what we can do as empowered patients and conscious healers to clean up the mess health care has become
- The single most important question you’ll want to ask yourself if you’re on a healing journey of your own
- What you may not understand about the traumas your doctors experience in training – and why they need you to have compassion for them as much as you need them to have compassion for you
- Why retreating into yourself to “wait and become” may be the Prescription you need in order to find your calling
- The one secret I discovered that will help you get your mojo back
- The mantra that kept me sane when everything was falling apart (you’ll want to make this your mantra too!)
- The whole skinny behind how I turned my mission and passion into a thriving business
- And a whole bunch of cool stuff from Mind Over Medicine, including some data not included in the book
Mind Over Medicine On The Net!
Tuesday’s launch of Mind Over Medicine was SO fun and eggy. I took a three hour walk in Central Park, did an interview, interacted with many of you on social media and in the comments of guest blogs, and went to bed early before an early morning appearance on a national TV show I can’t tell you about yet. (No, it’s not Oprah… yet.)
Here’s what you may have missed on the web:
Q&A with Lissa, Every Mother Counts, May 2013
Mind Over Medicine: The Personal Power We Have Over Our Health, Femme Tales, April 2013
Wake Up Call: Scientific Proof that Doing Work You Love Could Save Your Life, Live Your Legend, May 2013
Healing The Doctor Patient Relationship with Mind Over Medicine Author Lissa Rankin, MD, Aviva Romm M.D., May 2013
Do You Believe in Mind Over Medicine? (You Should…), Aspiring Mama, May 2013
The Most Effective Medicine for Overeating and Bad Mood, Spinach & Yoga, May 2013
Watching Out for Security and Finding It Within, The Christian Science Monitor, May 2013
6 Steps to Healing Yourself, Zen Habits, May 2013
Mind Over Medicine: Time to Renew My Prescription!, Julie Comber, May 2013
Lissa Rankin: The Untold Truth About Medicine and the Mind, Good Life Project, May 2013
Mind Over Medicine: Exercising Your Power to Extinguish Burnout, Laurie Erdman, May 2013
New York Women, Join Me LIVE Friday Night At S Factor!
Get your tickets to the event here. (Please note ticket sales end tonight 5/9 at 5:00 pm Pacific / 8:00 pm Eastern.)
Click here for a listing of all the other places I’ll be speaking on my book tour.
Have You Gotten Mind Over Medicine Yet?
Only four days left to get FREE access to Make Your Body Ripe For Miracles, a 2 hour Live Online Event with me and Martha Beck, when you buy 1 copy of Mind Over Medicine. (Buy your copy and register here).
Mind Over Medicine made it to #15 on Amazon and #18 on Barnes & Noble yesterday! I couldn’t have done any of this without you. Bless you for caring what I write about and for being the inspiration that gets me out of bed lit up with excitement about all we are co-creating in this global village we’re all in.
I love you and am so grateful for you!
Enjoy this post? Subscribe here so you don’t miss the next one.