The Shadow of Spirituality UNCENSORED: Straight Talk on How Spirituality Can Harm You & How to Heal Those Wounds
Have you been disillusioned, disappointed, or downright abused by a spiritual teacher, therapist, shaman, healer, or guru?
Are you afraid of asking for what you need or expressing when you’re triggered because people will think you’re not “spiritual” enough?
Do you ever feel dismissed, hurt, blindsided, or bullied by your “spiritual” friends when you’re hurting
and just need comfort, reassurance, and simple human kindness?
Are you using your spiritual practices to bypass the unavoidable pain of being human?
These are the kinds of questions we’ll be exploring together in our 3-1/2-hours Flash Class—The Shadow of Spirituality UNCENSORED: Straight Talk on How Spirituality Can Harm You & How to Heal Those Wounds
This prerecorded virtual workshop will explore 10 popular spiritual teachings that may be harming you—and invite you to consider 10 healthier alternatives.
We’ll inquire about:
- Why the “law of attraction” isn’t a law and the shadow side of trying to “manifest” everything you desire.
- Premature forgiveness and how it isolates you from the heart anger that sets and enforces clear boundaries, leaving you vulnerable to the kind of abuse and neglect that traumatize the heart.
- Mariana Caplan’s “10 STDs”—the 10 Spiritually Transmitted Diseases. (Beware of the deadly “I have arrived” virus!)
- How discernment is different than judgment and why it’s essential that you don’t give your power away or project perfection onto any spiritual leader .
- How intuition, synchronicity, and discernment can help you make aligned, healthy, mature choices based on spiritual guidance.
- How to assess whether spiritual guidance is real or just your ego wearing spiritual robes.
- How people use their spirituality as a “spiritual bypass” and how doing so cuts you off from intimacy and joy and impedes healing.
- How to glean the gems from spiritual teachings without incurring the trauma that results when they’re misused.
Register for One Payment of:
This class is for you if:
- You’ve been hurt by “spiritual” people who seem to have lost touch with the loving kindness that should be at the heart of spirituality
- You’re afraid of asking for what you need or expressing when you’re triggered because you’ve been taught that spiritual people don’t get triggered or have needs
- You’ve been harmed by a spiritual leader, guru, therapist, or self-help teacher who you thought you could trust
- You realize you need help beefing up your discernment so you can protect yourself from the hidden pitfalls that litter the spiritual path for those who are naïve and vulnerable to others who abuse their power or have lost touch with their heart
- You’ve become aware that you’re guilty of the understandable tendency towards “spiritual bypassing,” and you want to learn how to glean the gems from spiritual teachings without using it as yet another crutch to avoid feeling painful human emotions
The spiritual path is no joke, and if you’re not aware of the landmines, it’s easy to feel blindsided. This class is intended to hone your discernment, sharpen your awareness, help us all laugh at ourselves, grow our compassion for those who harm us inadvertently, and protect
Why Lissa Feels Called to Teach This Class
Like so many who suffer from “post-traumatic church syndrome” but yearn for a deeper spiritual connection, Lissa headed gung ho into spiritual circles with a naïve,
Lissa Rankin, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Mind Over Medicine, The Fear Cure, and The Anatomy of a Calling is a physician, speaker, founder of the Whole Health Medicine Institute, and mystic. Passionate about what makes people optimally healthy and what predisposes them to illness, she is on a mission to merge science and spirituality in a way that not only facilitates the health of the individual, but also uplifts the health of the collective. Bridging between seemingly disparate worlds, Lissa is a connector, collaborator, curator, and amplifier, broadcasting not only her unique visionary ideas, but also those of cutting edge visionaries she discerns and trusts, especially in the field of her latest research into “Sacred Medicine.” Lissa has starred in two National Public Television specials and also leads workshops, both online and at retreat centers like Esalen and Kripalu. She lives in the San Francisco Bay area with her daughter. She blogs at LissaRankin.com and posts regularly on Facebook.